Jessica Alcorso is a PhD Candidate, Guest Lecturer and Research Assistant at Macquarie University. Her research interests include health psychology, psycho-oncology, behaviour change, lymphedema, body image and self-compassion. Jessica is also passionate about health promotion and public health, especially chronic disease prevention. Jessica is a member of the Australasian Society of Behavioural Health and Medicine (ASBHM) and has disseminated her research findings in peer-reviewed journals, seminars, and local and international conferences.
Jessica’s personal interests extend to nutrition, biomechanics, yoga, meditation and philosophy. She lives with her husband, cat and dog in Sydney, Australia.
- Academic writing (literature reviews, research articles, grant applications)
- Qualitative, cross-sectional and longitudinal research
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis (SPSS, STATA)
- Health promotion program development, implementation and evaluation
- Project management
- Policy analysis
- Unit coordinating, lecturing and tutoring
University of Toronto Honours List 2006-2010
Graduated with High Distinction (BSc) University of Toronto
Graduated with Distinction (MPH) University of Newcastle
ASBHM 2014 Conference Travel Scholarship
Macquarie University Postgraduate Research Fund (PGRF) – Grant Recipient